Outfit: Gingham Style








beanie // popover // puffer vest (old, similar) // jacket // jeans (similar) // purse // sneakers // sunnies (use code HISTORYINHIGHHEELS for a free month of endless eyewear)


I don’t know why, but gingham has always been one of my favorite patterns. And I am so happy that it seems to be everywhere this spring. When I fist saw J.Crew’s Chateau trench in the lighter khaki color and gingham lining, it was love at first sight. But my local store didn’t receive the jacket and based on the images online, I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to flatter my figure (#topheavy).

During my weekend in New York City, however, I popped into the J.Crew near Rockefeller Center while we waited for our Top of the Rock appointment. I couldn’t resist trying it on. And thank goodness I did, because as it turns out, I love the fit. This just goes to show that you should always try things on, you never know.

I was expecting to have to go a size up since everyone online has commented on the narrow shoulders of the jacket. But, surprisingly, I didn’t need to. I guess my shoulders aren’t big, just my chest lol. I also love the bright red/coral shade that it also comes in, but I decided to be more practical and stick with the tan color. 

Fortunately, NYC’s weather decided to cooperate, and after a chilly start to my trip, we finally got warmer temps on my last day. I seized the opportunity to wear my adorable new trench for our walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. 

I must warn you though; if you are looking for a raincoat or warm coat, this is not the jacket for you. It’s cotton, although lined, and not waterproof. But it is a really flattering lightweight jacket, perfect for spring and early fall. 

I can't wait to pair this coat with these gingham espadrilles that are finally back in stock!


SHOP THE POST

Labels: , , , , ,