Outfit: DC Plaid






Zara coat (old, similar here and here) // popover (similar) // skirt // wellies // bag (similar) // sunnies // beanie

Last Wednesday I hopped on a flight to DC to visit my cousin who is in his first year at Georgetown Law. My other cousin (his sister) also joined us for a fun long weekend of cousin bonding. Although technically my cousins, these two goofballs are the closest thing I have to siblings, and I missed them like crazy while I was abroad last year. The three of us are very much alike and had a fabulous time touring DC together.

Unfortunately, our timing wasn't great weather-wise. We hit, what will probably be, the last weekend of cold weather. I couldn't believe that it snowed Thursday night! I guess no one told DC it was March. Since we were spending most of our time outdoors sightseeing and exploring, I brought lots of layers. Despite the chilly temps, I still wanted to wear color (shocking, I know). I love the unique and vibrant colors of this skirt. I highlighted the skirt's hints of pink and red with my pink popover and red boots and purse.

I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but I swear by these Hunter Tour Boots for travel. According to my phone, I walked 11 miles in them Thursday and my feet were warm all day and didn't hurt once. I once walked some 13 miles in them in London, and, again, zero foot discomfort. There is nothing worse then blisters and sore feet when traveling, so I always make an effort to invest in comfortable, yet stylish, shoes for travel (you can read my tips for selecting the best shoes for travel here).

On another note, I finally realized that I had my Snapchat set to friends only. So no one but my friends saw any of my snaps from Europe last fall. Total Snapchat fail. But I did figure it out, so you can now see my snaps. Although fair warning, when I am not traveling, it is mostly cat snaps (#sorrynotsorry).


SHOP THE POST

Labels: , , , , ,