Half Way There + Bucket List Update


I can’t believe that I am already halfway through my year abroad in Florence. Five and a half months, ten countries, twenty cities (some old, some new), and lots of incredible memories later and I’m nowhere near ready to go home. Ok, maybe a little ready to spend a few weeks in the U.S. binging on Dunkin coffee, Thai food, and J.Crew in August. But I digress.

Before arriving in Florence I created a bucket list, determined to make the most of living abroad in Europe. I finally took a good Eiffel Tower picture. I biked through Amsterdam, sported a dirndl for Springfest, shopped the J.Crew in Paris, and climbed the Castle Hill in Prague.

While I have had so many amazing experiences so far, I’ve only managed to mark off half the items on my list. But then again, bucket lists should inspire, not constrain or dictate your experiences. I have had so many wonderful adventures, like riding pink Vespas in the Tuscan countryside, exploring the Milan Expo, enjoying the French Riviera, celebrating love in Verona, and scaling the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland, that I didn’t even know I wanted on my original list.

There are a couple of items on the list, like attending Carnivale in Venice, canyoning in Switzerland, and taking the overnight train to Vienna, are still high on my list. But flying to Paris for the day and kissing the Blarney Stone have been cut. I’ve realized I love Paris too much to just stay for the day (I am actually returning next week to meet up with family), and after visiting Dublin and Northern Ireland, I realized there were more important things to do then kiss a touristy rock lol.

So what should I add to my list for the fall? I definitely want to re-wear my dirndls for Oktoberfest and visit the amazing coast and waterfalls of Croatia. I have also thought about a weekend trip to Brussels. Other than that I am at a loss. I’ve tossed around the idea of Dubai, but I haven't settled on anything. I’d love to hear your suggestions and some of your amazing travel experiences!


Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Labels: , , ,