Weekend Reading


Well my first week in Florence has been a whirlwind! Today, I am trying the free shuttle service to Ikea, which means I will finally have my to-do/purchase list complete and I will be fully settled and functional in my apartment!

Most of the week was spent running errands and readjusting to life in Italy (Monday I will get back to work in the archive). So overall it has been a pretty uneventful week, except for my very first earthquake!

Yep that's right. I woke up Friday morning to an odd swaying sensation. Thank goodness I was asleep. I must have incorporated it into my dream because when I finally came to, it was over and I thought maybe I had dreamt the entire thing. But a quick google search informed me that a 4.2 quake had hit just 25 miles north of Florence. Hopefully we can cross this off the life-experience list and not deal with that again. At least the children were happy, all school was cancelled for the day.

Anyways, I'll stop being a baby and move on to some weekend reading:

I adore the woman in this article. Her advice for longevity? Avoid men! #truth

RIP Skymall.

Satisfy your wanderlust with my recap of Morocco.

If you are like me, you live for Amazon Prime shipping, and today only it is on sale (which never happens). If you don't have Prime, now is your chance!

Love me some Emma Watson.

How to eat spaghetti (and other international eating customs).

While abroad, I am trying to diversify and discover new European/international brands - this is a great article about 5 international brands you need to know.

Did you check out the new arrivals in the Preppy Printshop? My favorite - "dress like Jackie, act like Audrey, and party like Gatsby."

I "met" Jennifer on Instagram (she also lives in Florence) a while back. She is a clothing designer (she was on Project Runway!) and sells some of her originals on Etsy. I am positively obsessed with this bow-sleeve dress!

Must do this adorable and easy vase/planter DIY.


Hope everyone has a great weekend, and remember, you can follow my adventures abroad in real time on Instagram!

Labels: ,