Outfit: Check Please






coat (last seen here) // bow tee // skirt // tights // converse 

Have I mentioned how much I love this Target buffalo check coat? Sadly, I don't think it is going to make the Italy packing cut. It is cute, but not very warm and definitely not waterproof. So I have to enjoy this little coat while I still can.

Between it being the end of the semester (which means lots of grading for me), packing for Italy, and still being sick, I haven't exactly had the time (or desire) to do my hair lately. Enter my new favorite hair style - The Heidi Braid. I've seen braided crowns all over Pinterest lately, but I was a little intimidated. They look very complex and difficult.

But this braid is surprisingly easy! Simply divided your hair (you need longer hair for this to work) into two pigtails. Braid one side (don't use any elastics) starting just behind your ear. Once you have braided as much as you can (I have layers so I leave a little bit at the ends), simply drape the braid across the top of your crown and position where you like. Pin securely with bobby pins and repeat on the other side. The second side will layer over the unbraided ends of the first braid, and you can tuck the ends of the second braid under the first. This fun do is perfect for 3-day-old hair that you just want to wait one more day to wash. It also makes you look instantly put together on days you most certainly aren't!


Have you tried any fun braided hair styles?

Labels: , , , ,