Apartment Therapy: Closet Tour

After posting pictures of the recent updates to my bedroom a couple weeks ago, I received a bunch of inquiries about my closet and requests for a closet tour! Closet tours are like "what's in my bag" posts, I get some sort of voyeuristic joy out of peeking into other peoples closets and bags lol.

So here it is, a peek inside my closet! Well it's not really a closet, but an open storage system from Ikea, which I love since I feel like I am boutique shopping every morning when I get dressed. I highly recommend the Ikea Stolemen system. It is completely customizable and you can add on or change up the design at any time. And thanks to its tension design and infinite options, the system can fit into any space! I keep all of my clothing, shoes, and purses in this system, except for large coats (which are in a hallway closet) and my workout clothes (which are now in the dresser next to my bed - another Ikea score).

 
 
My favorite section ;)
 
One of these days I will get around to spray painting the rest of my foam heads.
Yep this is the puffer vest collection of a Florida girl... nope not sorry!
 
There are a couple things you will learn about me after peeking into my closet: 1) I have never met a color I didn't love (go bright or go home), 2) I am crazy about J.Crew fluted skirts (how many can you count?), 3) There is no shortage of patterns (#patternplay), and 4) I love a clean and organized closet!

You will also notice that my wardrobe is (relatively) not huge. Believe it or not, as bad as my fashion/shopping habit is, this is everything! That's because I believe in maintaining a streamlined but versatile wardrobe. I think you can do more with a smaller, quality-filled closet where you can see everything, verses overstuffed closets throughout the house (Who is guilty of this one? I used to be!).

Check back tomorrow for my tips on organizing your closet and maintaining an edited wardrobe!

Anyone else want to share their closet tour? Comment with the link below, I love peeking!

PS - You can see more of my apartment here.

Labels: , , , , ,