Holiday Gift Wrapping: Part One


I have a confession: I have a wrapping paper obsession! Seriously, I love gift wrapping. I think it is because of my graphic design background. I see gift wrapping like product design. So I decided to do a three-part series on creative, fun, and easy gift wrap looks.

The first one I am calling "rustic chic."



To create this look, I used dollar store craft paper (grocery store paper bags would work too) and garland with a burlap chevron ribbon and spool of twine that I picked up at Hobby Lobby for 50% off (total cost, 10 bucks!)!

To add a personal touch, I simply wrote "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas {it's the best time of the year}" in a sharpie across the craft paper before wrapping the largest present. Of course, you could personalize it with any saying. And don't worry about your hand writing, I think the more casual and messy it is, the better it looks.

I love the rustic but stylish feel the burlap ribbon and twine added to each of the presents. But what I love most is how easy this unique look was to achieve! You will never go back to boring wrapping again!

Be sure to check back throughout December for free matching gift tags, stickers, and a printable bow templates!

Labels: