The Perfect Jeans

For years I searched for the perfect jeans (haven't we all). Something slim fitting with stretch that is also comfortable. I am petite (5' 1") but not shapeless, so finding jeans that accommodate and flatter curves but don't require serious alterations has been next to impossible. I am usually forced to compromise. Comfort over fit or fit over comfort. Then last spring I discovered AG's Stevie ankle jean and the skies parted, the sun shined, and the birds sang! They fit me perfectly and are super comfy. But the best part is the length. On average height women I guess they are supposed to be cropped, but on me they are exactly the right length--they show a little ankle with zero bunching, which means they are flattering with heels and ballet flats.

Exhibit A

Anthropology sells them online and in store, and they have recently released new washes and colors for the fall. They are certainly not cheap, but from my experience, they are worth every penny (and some washes do go on sale online).

my go-to wash
        

       

But then, just when I thought I couldn't get any luckier, I stumbled into Jcrew the other day (had to make sure there was nothing else I needed while everything was 25% off) and discovered their new ankle toothpick cords have basically the same cut as the Stevie ankle jeans! I was in heaven! There are so many beautiful colors but I decided on the neon amethyst (the navy is also spectacular!).

        

Exhibit B


What are your favorite jeans?

Labels: